Will Our Freedoms Be Toppled?Republished From F2PPR.org
Our country’s Founders included the Tenth Amendment in order to restrain the government’s natural tendency to grow and become increasingly intrusive. The Founders also created a Constitutional Republic instead of a Democracy, in order to help protect an individual’s rights from mob rule (aka the tyranny of the majority).
Our country’s current growing divide between Left and Right centers on that key issue about the size and scope of the federal government. Conservatives (for decades) have been slowly losing the battle against the ongoing incremental intrusiveness of the federal government.
The Democrats/Socialists have an agenda (which has been duly announced to the public at large) on how they want to gain absolute power and continue to grow the size and scope of the government. Here is a partial list –
- Eliminate the Senate filibuster, so that a simple majority of Senators can push through legislation, rather than have at least 60 of the 100 Senators agree.
- Eliminate the Electoral College and have the President elected by a simple majority of people casting votes for the President.
- Pass HR 1, which is a proposal to “federalize” our elections, rather than have elections continue to be administered at the state level.
- Expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court, and then pack the court with additional “progressive” justices.
- Admit additional “states” (Washington DC and/or Puerto Rico) to add additional “progressive” Senators from these new blue states.
- Institute “Medicare for All” and have the federal government monopolize the healthcare industry and administer all aspects of our country’s healthcare system.
- Instituting the payment of a Universal Basic Income.
- Furthering the racial divide within our country by paying reparations to individuals who have never been slaves.
- Legislating a federal right to abortion, including allowing abortions up until the moment of a baby’s birth (and possibly for some period of time afterwards).
- Removing the words “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Eliminating any remaining remnants of our southern border, and instituting a true “Open Borders” policy, which would require the voiding of all existing immigration laws that have been passed by Congress, and which the current administration currently chooses to ignore.
When the federal government abandons the concept of the rule of law, then yes, our Liberties are in grave danger of being toppled.
Visit The Foundation To Promote Personal Responsibility: F2PPR.org